Events in 2020 had impacted people globally and locally.
Our ways of life has changed and new normal has emerged.
Regardless, the Church of GOD must march on.
iCare is designed:
To ensure everyone experiences a true touch of love.
To keep our members ahead of prevailing conditions.
To create an active platform where job seekers and employers of labour meet with the aim of providing jobs to the unemployed and underemployed members of City of David.
1. Identify members of the church who are in need of a job, either new employment of seeking better jobs
2. Work with existing recruitment agencies and HR managers in the church to Identify companies that are looking to employ and what position they want to fill.
3. Create avenue for both parties to meet on a regular basis ie websites, databases, job fair, trainings for job seekers on how to present their application etc.
To encourage entrepreneurship and ensure that each start up gets "off the ground" and becomes sustainable
1. Identify those who are under this category.
2. Establish the area each individual is looking to operate or are operating plus the stage they are.
3. Determine the level of assistance based on 2 above and Leverage on existing facilities from all levels of government.
To create a sustainable system or platform for individuals willing to learn new skills adequate for new employment or new business opportunities, using technology as a primary tool for effective implementation.
1. Gathering information on current required skillsets in the market and individuals seeking employment or new job/business opportunities.
2. Contacting existing experts or institutions providing necessary skills for individuals in database created which is constantly updated.
3. Creating awareness of the re-skilling system to all workers and congregation members using existing COD platforms and social media.
Provide the support system for members to get clarity, direction, accountability and support on areas of challenges.
1. Peer support system - Smaller groups membership.
2. Mentorship System (One on one and group mentorship by tribe of mentors)
3. Ongoing group empowerment program.
To promote general wellness among COD families
1. Leverage on Healing Stripes Hospital services by encouraging participation in the insurance scheme.
2. Start with monthly health talks during Church service.
3. Encourage adoption of challenges (personal/ team) to ensure healthy lifestyle improvement.
To encourage active membership by identifying with members challenges through show of love.
1. To reach out to both old and new members who have not been regular in attendance with the intention to reintegrate them back to church through effective after church follow up programs.
2. To reach out to the members of COD who are faced with other challenges. This would be achieved by working in synergy with other focal points of the iCare Pillars.
To meet the needs of COD online community.
1. Identify members who has preference for online worship.
2. Meeting the needs of virtual congregation
3. Engaging on online evangelism towards church growth.
To meet the needs of COD non- Nigerian community.
1. Bi-Monthly meetings
2. Support system for members
3. Annual international Sunday service
Phone no: 012703770 (Arin)